- Course 403.
- 1 Week.
- 3.6 CEU.
AVTS is an automatic relay testing software interface that enables operation of Megger® relay test sets using a computer rather than operating the test set manually.
This software allows the field technician to select test modules from a user created Microsoft® database and automatically test mechanical, solid-state, and microprocessor based relays. Students receive an upgrade to the current version of AVTS and Megger’s complete library of relay test modules.
Participants are instructed to setup communications with the relay test set, find the desired relays to be tested, and execute individual or group tests. Methods of modifying tests to meet individual needs will be taught and applied in hands-on labs. Database management and test report organization and usage are addressed as well
The course will be covering:
• Setup software and hardware for test set communications.
• Configure a new AVTS database.
• Import test modules.
• Modify modules for specific relays.
• Use tools and editors to enhance testing
• Test electromechanical and microprocessor relays.
• Analyze test results for trending and prioritizing repair.
• Use ONETOUCH to communicate with microprocessor based relays for automated testing.
Who Should Attend
This hands-on course is intended for electricians, technicians and engineers responsible for the maintenance, testing and calibration of relays and other devices. Participants receive an upgrade to the current version of AVTS and Megger’s complete library of relay test modules.